Holme-next-the-Sea Parish Council
- To review planning applications and to comment on them to the Planning Departments of the Borough Council or, more rarely, the County Council.
- To ensure that our street lighting is well maintained, and to keep the property owned by the Council, such as the village hall, the bus shelter, the Orchard land at
the end of Beach Road, the triangle land at the end of Broadwater, Park Piece land between Westgate and Peddars Way, seats, notice boards etc, in good condition.
- To pay for the collection of waste from the eight dog bins on a weekly basis; to pay for the maintenance and electricity of the street lights; to pay for the rent on
the emergency telephone at the end of Beach Road; to pay for grass cutting on the village green, Orchard land, Triangle land; grass verge on the south side of Westgate
and to pay for the planting around the village sign and maintenance of graveyard. (Note, the County is responsible for the grass cutting at the cross roads of Peddars
Way and Main Road.)
- To work with other authorities, such as the Borough and County Council, to ensure that the village and surrounding area remains a safe and pleasant place in which to live.
- To provide a focus for the discussion of the current and future needs of the Parish.
- To be the 'point of contact' for the dissemination of information into and out of village, for example, via our notice boards and VIN, the email-based
Village Information Network.